Saturday, May 29, 2010

Jonathan was right about trials... ~Timarie

Wow I know, we seriously have dropped the ball on our blog... phew, glad we're back!

So, Nursing School schedules came out last Tuesday and my ALL DAY clinical is scheduled ON SUNDAYS 7a-7p, for the whole semester :( so for 11 weeks straight! When I read it I didn't believe it. Then I freaked out! "How could they do this?" "isn't there some law against this?" "what religious excuse could I use to appeal it?" I couldn't focus at work, all day and the next that is all I could think about!!! "What am I going to do?!?!?!" were the only words in my mind. I wanted to cry. I might have.

But God is good, and no I still don't know what will happen come August when I'm suppose to start my LAST SEMESTER of Nursing school, BUT God has allowed me to see this trail from an eternal perspective. I text some people from my Care Group almost immediately to begin praying for me. That was grace because left to myself I would have tried to just get through this emotional mess myself. Since then, I have been encourage CG peeps and others from my amazing church family to view this trial as from God, and as an opportunity to glorify him in it! I have prayed more earnestly than I have in a long time, and for that I am grateful because it is allowing me to press into God more than I had been, and more consistently. I feel VERY dependent on God in this, and for that I am grateful. He is the only one that can change my school's position. He is the only one that can soften my Nursing School's Headmaster's heart as she reads my appeal letter. HE IS THE ONE ORDAINING THIS, and He has promised it is FOR MY GOOD... and that is awesome! The situation isn't, my often anxious heart isn't, but God is and He is at work! For that I am grateful!

Keep praying please! Hopefully I will hear back from them next week!
~T


No comments:

Post a Comment