Saturday, January 29, 2011

FAITH -Mom

Hebrews 11: 1 says"Faith is the assurance of things hoped for and the conviction of things not yet seen" Hebrews 11:6 says"Without faith it is impossible to please Him,for whoever would draw near to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him"
A familiar passage to us but as I read it again in my devotions this morning I was again reminded of the power of these Words.
In my reading from "The Voices of the Past" Thomas Mantaon wrote "Faith helps us to be content before we receive our distant and future comforts. A Christian has tasted how sweet God is in Christ and therefore groans after the full enjoyment of Him. In faith a believer waits as long as God has anything for him to do in this world , upon security of this faith.If a poor man understood that some great inheritance was bequeathed to him, would he not often think of it , and rejoice in it , and long to take possessions it? The promise of eternal life is left with us in the gospel but who longs for it? Who takes hold of it ? Who gives diligence to make it sure through faith? Who desires to go and see it? O that I might be dissolved, and be with Christ! If these hopes have little influence on us, it is a sign we so not cherish them in our hearts"
My prayer this morning for myself and for you my precious girls is that you desire your Savior more today than yesterday and more each and everyday! Love you much MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment