Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year! MOM

I used to not like this time of year when I would have to take all the Christmas decorations down and make new goals and changes but over the years it has become a favorite time for me to review what God had done in my life and the lives of others in the past year and pray about what He has for me in a new year. So when I arrived home from Pasadena I hit the road running (I'm sure driving Daddy and Jon were wondering what is going on with her now?) putting away Christmas (which I am still doing I have resolved it is a week sometimes two long process for me) cleaning out my closet, I have a new devotional , new bible reading plan,new exercise routine" P 90" (thanks to Nicole) , my new position at the hospital (which I really like and they love it too!) and we a starting a new study in women's care group "Womanly Dominion." So while I have been busying myself with all these "new things " God so gently reminded my in my new devotional from" Voices of the Past" Jan 4th of Matthew 6:33 "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you" it went on to say " Though our bodies are on earth our spirits should be in heaven." Until we get above the mists of the world, we can see nothing of clearness and comfort: but when we can get God and our hearts together ,then we can see there is much in the fountain though nothing in the stream and though little on earth, yet we have God in heaven. This is is our great aim, to be with God in heaven. His residence is there, and we seek that our hearts might be there." Such a timely reminder for me where my true and everlasting residence is and a where my heart needs to be as I live each day on this earth for His glory not mine. Hope this is a good reminder for you to my precious girls and you go about your busy days caring for your precious children and Timarie your new season. I love you so much and am so proud of each of you!

1 comment:

  1. I love you all and am proud of you tooooo! ;) xoxo Tori

    ReplyDelete