Friday, February 4, 2011

Record low tempts in Tucson! MOM

Last night was a new lowest record 15 degrees Brrrr! so yesterday was definitely a soup day. I made Italian pasta and Bean soup a recipe I tore out of the Womans Day magazine at work. It was simple to make and delicious . So as I was talking with Becky yesterday she suggested I put it on the blog so here it is!

Italian Pasta and Bean Soup
1Tbs olive oil
1 mediun onion chopped
3 minced garlic cloves
saute these
Add 6 cups chicken broth
1 and 1/2 cup small pasta
I used small bow ties cute
2 15oz cans cannellini beans rinsed and drained
I only had one available and was find)
1 can diced tomatoes I used TJ's tomatoes and chilis
for a little kick you know your MOM
1/2 c Italian parsley chopped ( I used fresh green beans
since I had them on hand and my parsley had froze
Bring broth to a boil cook pasta about 5 minutes then
add remaining ingredients cook until heated through
and serve with parmesan cheese on top Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment