Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Favorite Book (Fiction) Ever--Nicole

UNCLE TOM'S CABIN by Harriet Beecher Stowe

When Abraham Lincoln first met Harriet Beecher Stowe, he said to her, "So this is the little lady who made this big war." This book has it all: history, drama, love, anguish and a bittersweet ending. It's not the most amazing writing I've ever read, but it is definitely still my favorite fiction book. It is also one of the best Christ-like characters I know of in fiction. I hope they never make a movie out of it because they would never ever get Uncle Tom correct. It is one of those books that you have to read in your lifetime, right up there with Old Yeller and The Chronicles of Narnia. Read it, you won't be sorry. Can't wait to read it out loud to my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment