Friday, January 29, 2010

My kitchen aid - becky*



















Well mine doesn't exactly look like this one, but I love the green, cute pic anyways :) haha. While mine is old and white and not as cool as mom and Nicole's new ones, it is still by far my favorite kitchen appliance (well, except for the coffee maker but that falls more under the survival appliances).

Mine was given to me a few years ago (for once I've started a family trend, not Nicole) and I was wondering if it was even worth the space to store such a monstrosity, boy was I wrong! It's practically saved my baking life!

The best part is that Drew can use it and loves it (mostly because its a machine and has buttons), he has baked with me ever since he could stand up and can now successfully make a cake mix or brownie mix all on his own, so cute!

I've recently discovered that it was a wheat-grinding attachment, rad! Not that walking over to Aunt Mary's is such a big deal, but if I ever move away....

Some of my favorite recipes to make with my kitchen aid include but are not limited to the following: Cinnamon Rolls, Sugar Cookies, Pizza Crust, ohhhhh, and my new fav, Nora's biscotti:

3 1/3 cup flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 t. salt

beat on med speed--
1/4 c canola oil
1 1/4 c sugar
3 lg eggs
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp orange zest
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla

--add flour to wet ingredients.
Shape dough into two flat logs
Bake for 25 min at 375.
Let cool. Slice. Rebake at 20 minutes, turning once. Or what I do is bake them lower temp for 20 min, then let them "cool" in the oven overnight.

Happy Baking to all Kitchen Aid lovers,

becky*

No comments:

Post a Comment