Friday, January 1, 2010

My Life Is...Like Shopping At Ross--Nicole



Or a Thrift Store, or Norstrom Rack. Whatever your store like that is. But you know whenever you hear someone say, I’m looking for a cute pink shirt. I’m going to check Ross. I mean you know they’re going to be disappointed. Anyone who goes into Ross looking for something is going to be disappointed. On the other hand, if you just go to Ross just to shop for whatever, you usually end up with some super cute shirt for a super amazing deal. That’s just how Ross/Savers/The Rack works. Everyone knows this…right?

Well, that’s how my life is. If I start off the day saying, “I’m going to get my floors clean,” it’s basically a recipe for disaster. You know and I know that’s not going to happen. Or it might actually happen, but then Georgie will spit up on it, or Lyla will bring me her latest handful of dirt mixed with water from the toilet (what is it with toddlers and toilets?) and smear it on the floors. But if I start off the day saying, “I’m going to get whatever comes my way clean,” then I end up with a surprise. Something I hadn’t expected gets clean. Actually, usually a several things get clean.

It’s basically like my husband says: what’s the point of planning? Well, actually, it’s more like God says,

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.

Oh thank you Lord for two kids to keep me humble and to remind me that your purpose will stand whether or not my floors are clean. And thank you for a husband who reminds me of this in a real and godly way through his lifestyle of trusting in your plans above his own.



No comments:

Post a Comment